new hip hop artist ~ Ridvan Tu'itahi



 


a dear friend of mine just introduced me to Ridvan Tu'itahi, her nephew from Tonga.  he has a fresh style that reminds me of Tupac.  i was immediately taken by his story and then felt taken back to a time when rap was full of lyrics and meaning.  i love how rap has spread around the world and touched many young people's lives in positive ways.  i hope his music spreads from the south Pacific and touches many lives throughout the rest of the world.

i love listening to rhythms that move me, that penetrate my heart and enable me to feel connected to the Oneness of our humanity.  i especially love hip hop (without profanity).  it tells a story.  it introduces a message.  it makes you reflect.  sometimes it reminds you of what's wrong with the world, or what morals have declined but it's honest.  it's in my veins as if it's a part of me even though i'm far removed from the world in which its being told. the beats and rhymes have been reverberating through me for more than 25 years.. 

Comments

Popular Posts